Jasnoe (Kaukėnai) church and Taizé relation


Once, on 12th. of Mai 2005, after persecution started I came abroad to another side of the river, from Lithuania to Russia what before 2nd. World War was “Little Lithuania” and Prussia. I came to the village called Jasnoe (before war Kuckerneese or Kaukėnai) to investigate how life goes there and asked for permission to build a new wooden house. Permission I have got and building place I have chosen on the same day. Workers also I found in the same place; I asked Tatiana - village administrator if she knows who’d like to help me, she offered Andrey Stupkin, son of her secretary. I met Andrey and asked if he would like, Andrey told “yes”; then I asked if he can find ten friends willing to help us. Next morning I came to working place and met my new team of builders from 11 men.
Sketch of the house I was having in the car and new builders team began construction of the foundation for a new house. Next week I came again, found a foundation of the house already made, paid for the accomplished work and asked to do the next step. It became beautiful and easy working place; I was coming to visit them once per week and was wondering how work successfully is going on. It was a friendly company, we used to have lunch together and three months later a wonderful wooden house was built. On the end of building a house, came another local man Sergey and asked if I'd like to get and church building as own property. Local old agriculture company - “Kolchoz” came to bankrupt, old big church building was as part of “Kolchoz” property and all that received after bankrupt Sergey Starozhuk. I told to Sergey “yes, I'd like to get this church as property”, I offered one million of rubles and it was acceptable. But I never paid him million of rubles instead I driven to Taizé in France with thinking what kind of celebration there might be good inside of the church. The problem what I saw was: this church was built five hundred of years ago by protestants, now Jasnoe residents are mostly Ukrainians and Russians, practically not religious but if about religion than traditionally they are closer to Russian orthodox, me I am from the catholic background. From another side, my family life started after New Year 1994-95 meeting whit Taizé in Paris. Next month on 4nd of February I met Inga as my future wife; on 29th of December 1995 I married her. I have got an impression: a spirit from Taizé and wine with bread can suit most for celebration inside this church and it might be brought there without any confrontation. Taizé community on this time was blessed already and recognized by all main Christian churches. That is why I have driven to Taizé in France for the first time and met there with brother Rob already for the second time. Rob is one brother from Taizé community responsible also for coordination of pilgrims from Lithuania. I told him about the church building in Jasnoe and the problem what I need to solve; I told him I would like to bring to the church in Jasnoe “Corpus Deus” from Taizé. Rob answered that he likes the idea and he would like to help me when I will come together with the community of this church. About the sacrament, Rob told: “Taizé is the name of village not of the church and this specific of Taizé is created in Taizé, it can’t go to another place”; instead of “church” Rob offered call church building in Jasnoe as “House of pray”.

Next day we have driven back from France to Lithuania and another day Inga my wife came and told “you know what radio announced!!”; She told: “today in Taizé (16.8.2005) in middle of the church between thousand of people one woman from Romania with knife killed 90 years old frere Roger.


This “accident” in Taizé left a big impression; accident I am writing as “accident” because in Taizé I feel this special spirit what leads persons and community who goes together whit the God.
Because of this impression, three years later in Dijon psychiatric hospital I visited this Romanian woman who killed frere Roger. Since this time she is imprisoned there whit diagnosis of schizophrenia.
The day when I came to Dijon was beautiful, when I came to hospital rain started; and few minutes before I saw Luminita was also lightening. So, weather on this time was dramatically impressive; this Romanian woman her name is Luminita Solcan was interesting as well. Luminita is one year older as me, it means on the time of “accident” she was already 36 years old; she studied radio technique in University; when she was growing her parents were somehow converted from orthodox to the catholic church, and because of that, she told, they felt discrimination. Luminita was appreciated to see me as a visitor; she told just her mother is visiting her and just ones per year, because travel is expensive from Romania. It was interesting to talk with her, despite the influence of medicament’s what slows down her reaction it was normal and healthy conversation. Her twisted reaction appeared just when we were talking about “accident” in Taizé church. Luminita recognizes she was in church whit the knife but according to her, it's not she who killed frere Roger. Luminita told she came to church with the knife to express some Irish tell about the fox to frere Roger and the knife what killed was another one, the killer was also another person not really she.

Comments